[TENTH AMENDMENT CENTER: Wisconsin Rep. Michael Schraa on his Firearms Freedom Act Legislation, impacting Wisconsin Gun Laws]
State Representative Michael Schraa’s legislation, according to the legislative text, would:
“This bill, the Firearms Freedom Act, sends a simple message to the federal government…Wisconsin will not help you take away our second amendment rights.” -Schraa (R – Oshkosh)
- Prohibit State agencies and employees from assisting in any way in compliance with a Federal Law that mandates the restriction of gun types, gun registry, gun ammunition prohibition, gun ammunition registry, and federal gun confiscation, or negatively impacts Wisconsin gun laws & gun owners
- Would prohibit questions from doctors or infringements on privacy towards gun owners or patients, asking if they own guns
- Restates and enumerates 10 Amendment
- Would require “Made in Wisconsin” to be engraved on guns manufactured in Wisconsin
The Firearms Freedom Act is already under massive pressure by Wisconsin health organizations who are opposing the legislation, specifically for the forbearance of doctors questioning patients on personal property and guns.
Representative Schraa is calling for all the assistance he can garner because of the massive gun tyranny agenda being implemented nationwide and locally in Wisconsin, which is home to 5.7 million people, 44% of whom are gun owners. Any limitations on Wisconsin gun owners will be a major victory for gun prohibitionists, who will surely clamor at the expense of the limitation of self-protected citizens and their Rights.
In addition to Rep. Schraa’s legislation, the Wisconsin Department of Justice is taking a Wisconsin gun law case to federal court dealing with the Second Amendment and concealed carry. Wisconsin Carry Inc. has filed a suit against gun laws issuing requirements for concealed carry licenses that require applicants take an approved training course. Wisconsin Carry Inc’s defense is based on the claim that the new Wisconsin gun laws regarding concealed carry are in violation of the Constitution’s Second Amendment.
Wisconsin Second Amendment supporters are making sure to stall and nullify any of the incremental steps in the gun prohibitionist agenda because of their familiarity with the state’s classic and infamous trick of incrementally limiting Rights, by situation, by group, and then, the entirety of the population.
Wisconsin gun laws are facing massive opportunity for change, positively towards more Freedom, or negatively, towards more government control. The fate of fundamental Rights lays with men like Representative Schraa, his supporters, and men and women of similar stature nationwide.
While gun rights are being attacked from every angle in Wisconsin and other Pro Gun Rights states, there is an increased sense of Rights awareness and respect growing around the country. Taking a couple minutes to look at the Tenth Amendment Center Blog will surely improve any Liberty lovers mood because of its coordination and recording of the massive and growing movement by individuals, communities, towns, cities, and states to secure their Rights & the Rights of the residents, and restore the rule of law intended with the Constitution by actually utilizing its Tenth Amendment to secure the Bill of Rights.
With great tyranny comes motivation for greatness in defense and in pursuit of Liberty. Help 2.5 million Wisconsin gun owners secure their property, their rights, their businesses, and their protection, and thus your own:
- Support Representative Shraa’s LRB 2063, An Amendment to Wisconsin Gun Law, the Firearms Freedom Act
- Wisconsin State Representatives can be contacted for support of LRB 2063 HERE
- You can contact Wisconsin Carry Inc. HERE to find out information on ways to support their federal case for the Second Amendment in relation to Wisconsin gun laws and concealed carry